Be sure to watch the videos below to lean how to chiffonade and supreme citrus -these are skills that will come in handy in the kitchen.
This is a favorite at JuliaCooks – everybody in the family (even the picky ones) find something to enjoy in this dish.
CITRUS-BAKED TILAPIA OVER COUSCOUS
- 1 cup couscous, whole wheat preferred (but not critical)
- 1 1/2 lb tilapia filets
- 1 grapefruit, cut into supremes with juice
- 1 orange, cut into supremes with juice
- 6 mixed mini peppers, if you can find, or 2 sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow), cleaned and sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Olive oil
Cook the couscous according to package directions and turn the oven on to 375. Salt and pepper both sides of the tilapia filets and place them into a lightly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with the dried basil and oregano. Place the peppers over the fish and then pour the citrus supremes and juice over. Give it all a good drizzle of olive oil and cover with foil. Bake this in the oven until the fish is cooked through and flakey, about 15 – 20 minutes, depending on the size of your filets. Remove to a serving platter or plates with the couscous and top with the fresh basil.